2. You acknowledge that the information on the Website is provided ‘as is’ for general information only. While it is intended as a benefit for CMG’s patients, the general public and health professionals, it is not intended to provide medical advice, and should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with qualified health professionals who are familiar with your individual medical needs. The information provided on www.CORMedicalGroup.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between patient/site visitor and his/her physician. While all health information posted on the site is based on the latest research and national treatment standards, CMG makes no warranties of any kind regarding this Website, including but not limited to any warranty of accuracy, completeness, currency, reliability, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, or any warranty that these pages, or the computer server which makes them available, are free of viruses or other harmful elements, and such warranties are expressly disclaimed.
MEDICAL DISCLAIMER. IF YOU HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY CALL EMERGENCY PERSONNEL (911) TO GET PROMPT MEDICAL ATTENTION. DO NOT RELY ON ELECTRONIC COMMUNICIATIONS OR THIS WEBSITE FOR ASSISTANCE IN REGARD TO YOUR IMMEDIATE, URGENT MEDICAL NEEDS. THIS WEBSITE IS NOT DESIGNED TO FACILITATE MEDICAL EMERGENCIES. COR MEDICAL GROUP CANNOT GUARANTEE RESPONSE TIMES IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THIS WEBSITE IN THE EVENT OF A MEDICAL EMERGENCY.
3. You agree that you will hold harmless CMG and its shareholders, officers, directors, and employees from all claims arising out of or related to your access or use of, or your inability to access or use, this Website or the information contained in this Website or other websites to which it is linked, including but not limited to claims that you have found something you have heard, viewed or downloaded from this Website or any other website to which it is linked to be obscene, offensive, defamatory, or infringing upon your intellectual property rights. In no event will CMG or any of the information contributors to the Website be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance on such information or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if CMG has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
4. You acknowledge that the opinions and recommendations contained in this Website are not necessarily those of CMG nor are they endorsed by MedNet Technologies. All health information posted on the site is based on the latest research and national treatment standards, and has been written and reviewed or approved by Jeffrey Caren, MD and/or Mark Urman, MD unless otherwise specified. The Medical Advisory Board for this website: Jeffrey Caren, MD, FACC and Mark Urman, MD, FACC, FASE, FAHA. Dr Mark Urman is the medical webmaster. (MD: medical doctor; FACC: Fellow of the American College of Cardiology; FASE: Fellow of the American Society of Echocardiography; FAHA: Fellow of the American Heart Association).
5. CMG may provide links on the Website to other websites which are not under the control of CMG. In general, any website which has an address (or URL) not containing ‘http://www.cormedicalgroup.com’ is such a website. These links are provided for convenience or reference only and are not intended as an endorsement by CMG of the linked-to-organization or individual operating the website, or any product or service or a warranty of any type regarding the website or the information on the website.
8. This Website (excluding linked sites) is controlled by MedNet Technologies, Inc. which is headquartered in the State of New York, in the United States of America. It may be accessed from all 50 states, as well as from other countries around the world. Because each of these places has laws that may differ from those of New York, by accessing this Website you agree that the statutes and laws of the State of New York, without regard to conflicts of law principles thereof, will apply to all matters arising from or relating to the use of this Website. You also agree and hereby submit to the exclusive legal jurisdiction and venues of the Courts of Nassau County, New York and the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York with respect to such matters. CMG and MEDNET. make no representation that materials on the Website are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is hereby prohibited. Individuals or organizations choosing to access this Website from other locations do so of their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
9. MedNet Technologies, Inc., its logo, nameplates, and MedNet-Sites™ are trademarks of MedNet Technologies, Inc. and are protected by international laws and treaty provisions.
10. All text and electronic images on this Website are copyrighted materials which are either registered copyrights, unregistered common law copyrights, registered trademarks or salesmarks of CMG or MEDNET, its suppliers or contributors. Any attempt to infringe upon or to circumvent these copyrights or trademarks will subject the infringing individual or organization to severe criminal and civil penalties as prescribed by law.
11. ADVERTISING: The COR Medical Group website does not accept advertising. The site is maintained solely by Dr. Urman and Dr. Caren, with no external funding source.
Our website contains forms through which users may request information or supply feedback to us. In some cases, telephone numbers, email addresses or return addresses are required so that we can supply requested information to you. After you fill out a form, we may contact you with follow-up information. We do not provide any information supplied on our web forms to any outside organization for any reason (other than where we may be required to by law). We do not save this personal information for any other reason. If you request to receive our electronic newsletter, your first and last name and email addresses will be given to us and are stored on web sites of our partner, Healthbanks, Inc. and known only to CMG and them. No other personal information will be requested and your name and email address will not be provided to any other outside organization for any reason (other than where we may be required by law). You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the appropriate link at the bottom of each newsletter or by contacting CMG directly either through the web-based contact form or by calling us at 310-659-0714.
If you have signed up to use the My CORMed or My CS-Link Patient Portal, note that all comunication between you (or your proxy) and your healthcare provider and care team using My CS-Link is carried over a secure, encrypted connection. Encryption means the information is coded in such a way that no one can read it during transmission. This secure connection utilizes industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) 128-bit encryption. Your health records are stored behind a firewall to prohibit unauthorized access. In addition, My CS-Link access requires an ID and password that you create yourself. Further detailed Terms and Conditions of Use are available to be reviewed and have to be agreed to before opening a My CS-Link account.
13. NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION: CMG and MEDNET collect non-personal information such as website usage, traffic patterns, site performance and related statistics based on our tracking of your visits to the website.
IP ADRESSESS: The Web server automatically collects the IP (which stands for Internet Protocol) address of the computers that access our site. An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer when you access the Internet. It is not truly personally identifiable information because many different individuals can access the Internet via the same computer. We use this information in aggregate form to understand how our site is being used and how we can better serve visitors.
Please note that although such information is not personally identifiable, we can determine from an IP address a visitor’s Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of his or her point of connectivity.
FIRST PARTY COOKIES: We collect information about visitors to our site using “first party cookies”, which are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser. Cookies are never associated with specific personal identities. First party cookies are distinct from third party cookies that they are created and directly served by the company hosting the website.
We use two types of “cookies” on this site:
- We use persistent cookies to recognize a repeat visitor, enabling us the opportunity to offer the visitor a set of services or information requested in a previous visit.
- We use session cookies to track a visitor’s path through our site during a visit, to help us understand how people use our site.
You can delete our cookies at any time. The “help” section, located on the toolbar of most browsers, will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or how to disable cookies altogether. Since cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of our website’s best features, we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Last updated: 04/16/2013