Dr. Caren and Dr. Urman’s Heart Health e-Newsletter Archive – 2017
Click on a prior edition to see that newsletter.
The most popular articles and links from that month are shown to the right.
December 1, 2017
- Definition of High Blood Pressure Drops
- What’s Healthy Blood Pressure?
- Does Sex Really Trigger Cardiac Arrest?
- Try This Diet to Lower Your Risk of Heart Failure
- Take Heart Coffee Lovers! Morning Joe May Help Your Ticker
November 3, 2017
- Could Too Much Exercise Be Bad for Men’s Hearts?
- How Your Thyroid Could Be Working Against Your Heart
- Health Tip: 5 Suggestions to Promote Health Aging
- Avoiding Alcohol Helps the Heart Beat Better
- A Man’s Health May Rely on Health of His Marriage
October 6, 2017
- Which Single Behavior Best Prevents High Blood Pressure?
- Stopping Aspirin Tied to Quick Rise in Heart Attack, Stroke Risk
- Too Little of this Vitamin Could Harm Young Hearts
- Calcium in the Arteries May Best Predict Risk of Heart Attack, Stroke
- Statins Help Healthy People Lower Their ‘Bad’ Cholesterol
September 1, 2017
- Diet Study Suggests It’s Carbs, Not Fats, That Are Bad for You
- Common Painkillers May Boost Blood Pressure in Arthritis Patients
- Health Tip: The Facts About Fat
- A Little Drinking Might Lengthen Your Life: Study
- Drug May Fight Heart Disease in Whole New Way
August 4, 2017
- Is the ‘Anti-Statin’ Trend Threatening Lives?
- Not All Plant Foods Are Equal
- Viagra Might Make for a Safer, More Effective Stent
- Better Diet, Longer Life?
- More Evidence That Midlife Weight Gain Harms Your Health
July 7, 2017
- Museum Displaying Dr. Caren’s Pharmaceutical Pen Collection
- Healthy Dietary Fats Help Beat High Cholesterol
- Home Blood Pressure Monitors Wrong 7 of 10 Times
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitors
- Women and Heart Disease
June 2, 2017
- Can a 70-Year-Old Have the Arteries of a 20-Year-Old?
- Could Chocolate Guard Against an Irregular Heartbeat?
- New Cholesterol Fighting Meds Target Key Gene
- Health Tip: Your Diet as You Age
- Common Painkillers Tied to Slight Rise in Heart Attack Risk
May 5, 2017
- Waist Size, Not Weight, May be Key to Life Span
- Common Food Nutrient Tied to Risky Blood Clotting
- Eating Gluten-Free Without a Medical Reason?
- Too Many People Still Ignore Heart Attack Risks: Study
- The Grayer His Hair, the Higher His Heart Risk?
April 7, 2017
- What You Need to Know About Cholesterol
- Cholesterol’s Impact on Heart Attack Risk May Change With Age
- New Cholesterol Drugs May Beat Statins, But Price Tag Is High
- Exercise: The Cellular ‘Fountain of Youth’
- The Saltiest Foods May Surprise You
March 3, 2017
- Review Raises Questions About Herbal Meds for Heart Problems
- Testosterone Therapy May Have Benefits, But Risks Too
- Exercise Beats Weight Loss at Helping Seniors’ Hearts
- Hospitalizations for Common Heart Rhythm Problem on the Rise
- 10 Daily Servings of Fruits, Veggies a Recipe for Longevity
February 3, 2017
- Timing of Your Meals Might Reduce Heart Risks
- Ablation Procedure Healps 3 out of 4 Patients With Irregular Heartbeat
- Health Tip: Get Moving Toward a Healthier You
- Study Suggests Newer Cholesterol Drugs Are Safe
- Short Stretches of Exercise May Have Anti-Inflammatory Effect
January 6, 2017