Dr. Caren and Dr. Urman’s Heart Health e-Newsletter Archive – 2018
Click on a prior edition to see that newsletter.
The most popular articles and links from that month are shown to the right.
December 7, 2018
- New Cholesterol Guidelines Focus on Personalized Approach
- Three Things to Know About Cholesterol
- Just a Little Weightlifting Can Help Your Heart
- Diet Foods That Are High in Fiber
- Health Tip: Tracking High Triglycerides
- Another Plus to Cardiac Rehab: Better Sex
November 2, 2018
- Measure Your Blood Pressure at Home? New Guidelines Set Healthy Readings
- A-Fib Tied to Higher Odds for Dementia
- What’s the Blood Pressure Connection to Alzheimer’s Disease?
- Can Daylight Saving Time Hurt the Heart? Prepare Now for Spring
- Protein-Packed Foods That Should Be Part of Your Diet
October 5, 2018
- Study Casts Doubt on Light Drinking’s Benefits
- Is Daily Low-Dose Aspirin Really Worth It for Seniors?
- A Nutritious Diet Can Help Your Heart
- Apple’s Smartwatch Has a Heart Monitor Now
- Carotid IMT Testing to Better Understand Risk of Both Heart Attack and Stroke
September 7, 2018
- Going ‘Low-Carb’? Your Odds for an Early Death May Rise
- Are Eggs Good for You or Not?
- The ‘Right’ Amount of Carbs May Help You Live Longer
- Could Too Much ‘Good’ HDL Cholesterol Be Bad for Your Heart?
- Here’s What Predicts a Women’s Odds of Living Till 90
August 3, 2018
- Get Dizzy Upon Standing? It Could Bee Sign of Dementia Risk
- Intensive Blood Pressure Control May Help Preserve Brain Health
- What Foods Are Really Best for Your Heart?
- Understanding Antioxidants
- More Evidence That Supplements Won’t Help Your Heart
July 6, 2018
- Sitting Tied to Raised Risk of Death From 14 Diseases
- How to Start Exercising When You’re Out of Shape
- The Keto Diet Is Popular, But Is It Safe?
- Impotent? Maybe You Should See a Heart Doctor
- Can a Daily Cup of Tea Do a Heart Good?
June 1, 2018
- 7 Mistakes Than Can Boost Your Blood Pressure Reading
- Is Fasting a Diet Solution?
- Too Much Meat, Dairy Tied to Heart Failure Risk
- Eat Fish Twice a Week to Ward Off Heart Disease
- Supplements Won’t Help Prevent Heart Disease
May 4, 2018
- Take These 5 Steps to Live 10 Extra Years
- Exercise for High Blood Pressure? Most Not Keen on Idea
- A Big Belly Bad for Your Heart
- The Bad Habits That Lead to Weight Gain
- Coffee Safe for Many With Abnormal Heart Rhythms
April 6, 2018
- Veggies a Healthy Recipe for Older Women’s Hearts
- How Your Teeth are Faring Can Also Indicate How Your Heart is Doing
- Does Your Heart Play a Rose in Heart Risks?
- Waist Size May Help Predict Heart Attack
- Could Coffee Perk Up Your Heart Health?
March 2, 2018
- Low-fat Diet vs. Low-Carb: And the Winner Is …
- This Body Shape Can Raise Women’s Heart Attack Risk
- Anti0xidants: The Good Health Helpers
- For Older Men, Even Light Exercise Helps
- Two Healthy Diets Equally Good for Your Heart
February 2, 2018
- Sauna Sessions May Be as Good as Exercise for the Heart
- How To Sit Less, Move More
- Procedure Beats Drugs for A-Fib With Heart Failure
- Turn Your Commute Into a Daily Workout
- Vitamin D Supplements May Make Arteries Healthier
January 5, 2018